Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Every day...

...I'm trying to read a new poem. I've started with Mary Oliver, as I like her poetry enormously and have several of her books on my shelf. It's a much better way to begin the day than with the news, let me tell you.

Today, I also tasted a new fruit. Well, new to me. At the farmers market on Saturday, I bought a cherimoya. I asked the lady how to eat it, and she said to wait until it's soft, like an avocado, then cut it open and spoon out the white part. And that there would be black seeds inside.

It was soft today, so I ate it. It was GRAND. Creamy, but a little bit tart... I'm so glad there are delightful things out there that I've never tried, and never even heard of! It is good to look at the world with the eyes of an Explorer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of a cherimoya! Gonna have to find one.