Monday, January 4, 2010

Soapstone - 4 JAN 2010

I woke up this morning to rain painting my window, making the trees outside look Monet-soft. Lovely.

I haven't left the cabin today. It's rained right along, in that steady Oregon way, and I was ready to sink deeper into my writing anyway.

I spent longer at my desk, and got some good work done -- mechanical, mostly, taking work I did during a writing workshop with Aaron Henne in WORD and formatting it into Final Draft. But the mundane and mechanical is a good way in to the creative bits. I'm sneaking up on this play like a wild animal...

Speaking of which, I saw a deer today! Right out the window of my little writing nest. She was grazing down by the river. Too far away to get a decent picture, but pretty to see.

In addition to good scribbling and deer sightings, I received some good news today. The January issue of Dramatics is now available, featuring "Song of Extinction!" They commissioned an artist to paint a picture to go along with the play, and it's just lovely. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

If you'd like a copy, just write to the publisher directly. You'll need to specify that you'd like a copy of the January 2010 issue of Dramatics -- the one featuring "Song of Extinction."

Send a note in the mail (with a check for $5 per copy) to:

Don Corathers
Editor, Dramatics
Published by the Educational Theatre Association
2343 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219

A big thank you to Mr. Corathers, and everyone at Dramatics. I'm honored to have my Song featured in their lovely magazine! (www.edta.org -- Shaping lives through theatre education.)

No comments: