Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Off to EcoDrama

Good lord, I've got a lot to do. I'm taking off for the EcoDrama Festival in Eugene, Oregon tomorrow morning (yay!). Today I have:
  1. Discussed my Friday night talk-back on the phone (at 9am) with Jose Cruz Gonzalez, who will be moderating (and seems really nice).
  2. Returned a couple dozen e-mails.
  3. Checked on the ticket situation for my Mom again. Called her, and e-mailed her, to reassure her that there will be tickets and all will be well.
  4. Looked up and e-mailed parking information, directions and a map to U of O to my folks (who will be coming with an entourage of relatives and friends to Friday night's performance).
  5. Passed keys and cat care information to my awesome friend Stephanie, who has agreed to take care of Joe.
  6. Highlighted important events on the EcoDrama schedule. Lots of fun stuff to do! And hopefully some time to walk by the river and write and hang out, too.
I still have to pack (washed clothes last night, though), wash dishes, wash car, put registration stickers on car, talk with YPF mentee, talk to a man about a reading, load final draft onto laptop, find sleeve of final draft disk so I can load software, and probably seven other things. I watered the plants last night. What am I forgetting? I love being other places... but the "getting out the door" part makes me a little crazy.

Soon! I'll be there soon! I can't wait to spend the whole long weekend BEING A PLAYWRIGHT. It's not that I'm not a playwright the rest of the time. Now, finally, I do think of myself that way, even if I AM a playwright with a day job. But... the gift of time and immersion into one's passion, alongside other passionate, immersed people, is tremendous. Thank you, EcoDrama people! I can't wait to meet you, and work with you, and be part of what you're making happen.

No comments: