Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who am I? What am I doing here?

My name is Ellen Lewis, and I write plays. I'm from Oregon, but have been living, working and writing in Los Angeles, California for about twelve years now.

This is an exciting time. "Song of Extinction" -- my latest full-length play -- is going to have its world premiere here in Los Angeles this fall. Preparations have already begun. It will be produced by Moving Arts (my home theater company) at [Inside] the Ford -- a beautiful 87-seat theater just off the 101. Heidi Helen Davis is directing. Kim Glann is producing, with Cece Tio and Steve Lozier. We are hoping to finalize casting tonight. We run from November 7th through December 14th.

Above is a picture of the empty stage, which we will be working to fill over the next few months. Our design team visited the theater the other day, for our first look at the space in which we'll be working.

So! The adventures of a girl playwright in the big city, trying to put on a show with lots of help from her friends. I'll try to keep you posted on our progress.

The Ford Amphitheater & [Inside] the Ford.


1 comment:

Ginger Ogle said...

Oooooh, I'm excited to see an Ellen blog!

Must sit down and write to you sometime about this student I have who wants to be an author...

Meantime, break a leg! :-)