Thursday, July 21, 2011

Upcoming Theater Travel!

This year is turning into one of unexpected opportunities for travel.  What a way to bring my time as a Hodder Fellow to a close!

Summer 2011:

Paris, France -- Tourism, housesitting and play research are all part of my first trip abroad.  And what a trip!  Three weeks at the "moveable feast!"  Stay tuned here for reports and pictures from the City of Light.

Oregon -- There's no place like home.

Fall 2011:

Oregon, redux -- I'll be the host playwright again this year at the Ashland New Plays Festival!  This is a fantastic event, held in the city that hosts the inimitable Oregon Shakespeare Festival, but a celebration of new work all its own.

Independence, Kansas -- I'm delighted to be joining playwright Ken Urban as the two playwrights-in-residence at the William Inge Center for the Arts.  We'll both be workshopping new plays.  I'll be working on my Antarctic adventure story in progress, "Magellanica: A New and Accurate Map of the World."

No comments: